Why I Hate Objects

Why I hate Objects


I'm sure there are things in your life that just make you want to scream "Why Me!?".

Why Me Lord? Why Me?
This is one of those times.

Let me make this very clear, I like things, whether they help with chores or are recreational goods, they make life a lot better.
Dishwashers wash dishes.
Computers play games.
Washing machines wash clothes.
Bookshelves hold things.
Vacuum Cleaners Clean Floors.
Fantastic Right?

These objects, as brilliant and wonderful as they are, only bring joy if they are correct and in working order. In my case I have had issues with many objects, here's a list, please note the following occurrences are ALL whilst still under the product's warranty

- Entertainment unit - Missing magnets to hold doors closed
- Custom Designed Bar - Missing the interior shelves.
- Outdoor Setting - Wrong colour, 6/10 chairs completely warped.
- BBQ - Missing 1/2 hot plates. - Had to wait 3 weeks for BBQ to arrive and another 4 weeks for the hot plate
- Washing Machine / Dryer Combination Unit - Has been "getting repaired since it broke in early february". - Still not back
- Subwoofer for my speakers - Made strange noises, was taken back to JB Hi-Fi, they had it for over half a year before the return of the wrong unit. I have kept it anyway for fear of not getting another one back. - 7 Months
- Computer - Built myself. All parts arrived except for my RAM. - It took over 3 months to eventually cancel my order for RAM so that I could buy it somewhere else, for it to take another 2 months to arrive. (bought IN AUSTRALIA)
 

- Dishwasher - Took forever to get the landlord of my rented property to fix. - 4 months
- Lounge - Has an Ottoman that fits into it, the ottoman is missing all of its springs and has a completely different foam to the lounge. Repair man comes out and declares nothing is wrong, puts it in the report for the company, Now, I can't get another repair man to come and would have to hire a vehicle to take the ottoman back to the store.
- Bedroom Suite - The bedroom suite that was delivered was for a completely different house. It took 3 days to get them to pick it up and deliver the right items.

This list is only of the big things that have happened in the last 2 years
Some say bad luck, probably.
Some ask if I buy things second hand, Nope.
Some say I'm being picky, but I'm sure they have never experienced this degree of exasperation.

But I prefer the term cursed.

At the end of the day though, people don't want me to buy them gifts for birthdays or Christmas, because anything I get them is just going to be more trouble than its worth.

- Robert the cursed one

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Love Economics

Why I Like Computers

Why I love coffee