Why I Love Sydney, Australia

I moved to Australia with my family about 7 years ago. I was born raised in Venezuela til I was 10 years old. The situation in my home country is very bad at the moment. There is no security, a lot of violence, shortages of food, water, electricity, and more. In addition, Caracas (the capital city) is ranked number 1 as The Most Violent City in the World, with a murder rate of almost 120 per 100,000 population, and my home town rated at 72 per 100,000 (rank 7). I'm grateful to live in a secure, developed, and welcoming country like Australia. Here are reasons why I love Sydney, Australia:

1. Culture - Australia has it all. From countries all over Europe, Asia, Oceania, Americas, etc. The food especially. That's what makes Australia so exciting! you find a Thai restaurant somewhere, and right around the corner there could be a Spanish, Italian, Turkish, or Arabic restaurant! This is why I refer to Australia as a mini earth, because you could visit another country by just crossing the road!

Image reference: http://www.generationnext.com.au

2. Transport - Some people argue that Australia public transport is bad. I personally think it's awesome! And it has definitely improved over the past few years. With the implementation of the Opal card system, and more advanced trains. I can pretty much just about go anywhere without having to drive a car. I can catch a train, or bus, or even a ferry to get around Sydney.



Image reference: http://www.securityelectronicsandnetworks.com


- Alejandro


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Love Economics

Why I Like Computers

Why I love coffee