Why I Have an Alcohol Obsession

Have you ever had an obsession?
Got that little bit too into a TV show?
Eaten more Nutella than you should, way more often than you should?

Well, I do have an obsession. Alcohol. Or more specifically, bourbon.
The taste, the smell, the look and the packaging for expensive and limited edition bourbons is an addiction that I love.
I collect the Wild Turkey Range predominantly, but do purchase other brands on the one off when I expect that the price will rise in the future. Here's a glimpse into my $3200 collection.



I am most certainly not rich. I probably should have saved this money instead of buying these, but when I look across my bar, it makes me happy to see these beautiful bourbons, and I really have to try in order to not taste them, as an opened bottle is a worthless bottle in a collectors world.

This does not include the literal 45 individual bottles of alcohol on the lower shelf of this bar unit. I only have this many such that my guess and I can make anything we want whenever we want. A real party palace.

I don't endorse this level of enthusiasm for anything, nor do I want anyone to spend so much money on bottles of liquid, simply to look at them. But I really do recommend a "healthy" passion towards an obsession.
I'm not an alcoholic, and I really do try to not have other who are in my household, because the centrepiece of the room is just a huge temptation.

Regardless, live big and drink responsibly.... most of the time.

- Robert the drunkard

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Love Economics

Why I Like Computers

Why I love coffee