Why I Play Guitar

Why I … Play Guitar

I’m gonna start off with a little background story. I was first introduced to guitars when I was about 6 or 7 years-old. My big brother had bought a yellow Yamaha guitar online. Awkward colour choice aside, I thought it was pretty cool at the time, but he didn’t let me play it because he didn’t want me to break it. Besides, it was an adult size electric guitar so it was too big for me to play.
At the time, I didn’t “like” music, because I rarely listened to it. This all changed when my brother showed me the music video of Green Day – American Idiot. I immediately fell in love with the song and wanted more. So then he showed me other songs from Blink-182, Foo Fighters, and Linkin Park.
I remember listening to my first Metallica album ‘Master of Puppets’. Ever since, I wanted to buy an electric guitar and learn how to play their songs. Only a couple of years ago I bought my first electric guitar. Here are some pictures:


This is the Ibanez Gio Black model, with Regular Slinky set of strings (0.10 gauge)

I would consider myself a rhythm player, more than lead. Simply for the fact that I was initially inspired to play like James Hetfield (vocal and rhythm guitarist from Metallica). I’ve learnt a lot of riffs from many difference Metallica albums, and some I have perfected.
With all that said, I am still playing guitar every day, and practicing new riffs and playing along with my favourite band.

You may be wondering what my plans are for the future for playing guitar, well I want to create a YouTube channel and do guitar covers for Metallica and some other bands like System Of A Down and Slayer. When I ever get the chance, I will buy one (or multiple) of James Hetfield’s replica guitars that he has used in Live concerts, and hopefully get it signed by the man himself one day. And above all, go to a Live performance when they tour around Australia.

- Alejandro

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Love Economics

Why I Like Computers

Why I love coffee